Who We Are
Amanda P. Johnston, Esq.
Amanda P. Johnston is a Morristown based matrimonial lawyer joining Jacobs Berger in January 2020. Prior to joining the firm, Amanda built a wealth of knowledge and experience working for a Morris County based family law firm, exclusively practicing all types of family law from divorce, custody and alimony to domestic violence and restraining orders.
Amanda resides in Morris County, where she is an active member of the Junior League of Morristown, an organization whose mission is to promote women in leadership through volunteering and championing causes related to women and children in the community. Currently, Amanda is President-Elect & Recording Secretary of the Junior League of Morristown.
Areas of practice and interest
All Family Law, including:
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Custody & Relocation
- Domestic Violence
- Visitation and Parenting Time
- Child Support & Child Support Modification
- Spousal Support/Spousal Maintenance
- Equitable Distribution
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- Grandparent’s Rights
- Prenuptial Agreements & Post Marital Agreements
- New Jersey, 2011
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 2011
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 2010
- Suffolk University School Law, Boston, Massachusetts, J.D.
- Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts, B.A.
- Northeastern University School of Professional and Continuing Studies, Boston, Massachusetts, Paralegal Certification.
- Morris County Bar Foundation, Trustee
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member-Family Law Section
- Barry Croland Family Law Inn of Court, Associate, 2019-Present
- 2021, 2020 Rising Star, New Jersey Super Lawyers
(The selection process is conducted by an independent firm that determines which lawyers in New Jersey have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process can be viewed here.)
(No aspect of these advertisements have been approved by the Supreme Court.)