Holly M. Friedland, Esq.
A Matrimonial Law Attorney Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey and a Qualified Family Law Mediator
As a matrimonial law attorney in New Jersey since 1996, Holly joins Jacobs Berger as a Partner. Formerly a Partner at Shauger & Friendland, LLC, Holly is a welcome addition to the JB Team. She takes her role in family law seriously and has volunteered her services since 2006 as a member and now co-chair of the Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project. Holly handles all family law matters including divorce, mediation, and collaborative law. Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney and Qualified as a Family Law Mediator, Holly has over 20 years of experience practicing law throughout the state.
Holly has been admitted to practice law in New Jersey, as well as before the US District Court for the District of New Jersey, and the Supreme Court of the United States. For her adherence to legal ethics and superior skills, Ms. Friedland has earned the highest rating possible of “AV Preeminent” from Martindale-Hubbell.
Areas of Practice
Certified Legal Specialties
- Matrimonial Law Attorney, Supreme Court of New Jersey, 2011
- Certified Collaborative Law Attorney, Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2012
- Roster of Mediators For Economic Aspects of Family Law Cases, Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2005
- New Jersey, 1995
- U.S. District Court of New Jersey, 1995
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2006
- JD – Western New England University School of Law, Springfield, MA 1995
- Bachelor of Arts, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA 1992
- Miller v Miller 160 N.J. 408 (1998)
- Parenting Coordination in New Jersey: It’s Time to Establish Uniform Standards and Qualifications co-Author with Amy Wechsler, Esq., and Linda A. Schofel, Esq New Jersey Family Lawyer, (To Be Published 2020)
- Navigating Non-Dissolution Cases co-Author with Dina Mikulka, Esq. New Jersey Family Lawyer, January, 2019.
- There Has to be a Better Way to get Divorced. County College of Morris, Women’s Center Newsletter. March, 2013.
- Divorce during the holidays. County College of Morris, Women’s Center Newsletter. Dec. 2012.
- You’ve Been Served…Now What? County College of Morris, Women’s Center Newsletter. Sept. 2012
- You’ve Decided it’s Over… Now What? County College of Morris, Women’s Center Newsletter. June, 2012
- Lehr v Affilitto: A Cautionary Tale New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators Newsletter, Vol 10, Issue 2, 2006
- Managing Realistic Resistance Association of Family and Conciliation Courts 58th Annual Conference to be held June 2-5 2021, Boston, Massachusetts
- Roadblocks and Pitfalls in Treatment When a Child Refuses/Resists Contact with a Parent Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, New Jersey Chapter October, 2020
- Restraining Orders and other Family Matters: The Ripple Effect New Jersey Courts Domestic Violence Education April 30, 2019
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts 55th Annual Conference June 6 – 8, 2018 Washington, D.C.
- Jersey Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project Training Morris County Bar Association, 2008-2020
- The Intersection of Criminal and Family Law. Morris County Bar Association, December 2012.
Honors and Awards
- 2020 Top Lawyers of Morris County, Morris/Essex Magazine
- 2013-2020 NJ Super Lawyers
- 2017-2018 Top 50 Women Attorneys of New Jersey
- 2017 Extraordinary Pro-Bono Service Honoree, Jersey Battered Women’s Services
- 2013 Pro Bono Community Service Award, Morris County Bar Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Division
- Morris County Bar Association, Family Division
- Morris County Bar Foundation, Trustee, Programming Committee Chair
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, Board Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project of Morris County, Co-chair
- Early Settlement Panelist, Morris County
- Blue Ribbon Early Settlement Panelist
- Roster of Mediators for Economic Aspects of Family Law Cases, Morris County
- Women’s Center, County College of Morris
- Morris County Bar Association Self Help Desk