Who We Are
Amy L. Miller Esq.
Ms. Miller is the Managing Partner of the law firm of Jacobs Berger, LLC and has been practicing family law exclusively for over fifteen years. She was admitted to the New Jersey Bar in 2006, to the New York Bar in 2007 and to the New Jersey State Federal Bar in 2006. She attended the University of Maryland and received a B.A. degree and a B.S. degree in 2002. She also attended St. John’s University School of Law and received her J.D. in 2006.
Ms. Miller recently completed two terms as Trustee on the Executive Board of the Morris County Bar Association. She is an Associate Editor on the New Jersey Family Lawyer publication and previously served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Young Lawyers Division’s Dictum publication. Ms. Miller has published several articles in these publications. Ms. Miller is a past Chair of the District X Fee Arbitration Committee, she volunteers as a Family Law Early Settlement Panelist in Morris and Sussex counties, and is also a volunteer attorney with Jersey Battered Women’s Services. Ms. Miller has presented Continuing Legal Education seminars to the Family Law Section of the State Bar and to the Morris County Bar Association, including presenting at the Hot Tips seminar for several years. Ms. Miller was a prior Co-Chair of the Young Lawyers Subcommittee of the Family Law Section, and she has held many roles on the Executive Committee of the Young Lawyers Division (YLD) of the New Jersey State Bar Association over the years.
Ms. Miller was named a “Rising Star” by New Jersey Super Lawyers in several years, she was recently named as a “Super Lawyer,” and she is a previous recipient of the YLD’s “Service to the Bar” award. In 2019 and 2020 she was selected as one of the Best Lawyers for Families through New Jersey Family. In addition to handling all aspects of family law including but not limited to divorce, custody, support, domestic violence, prenuptial agreements and appeals, Ms. Miller has completed the Family Mediation Training and has enjoyed expanding her experience in family law to mediation.
Areas of practice and interest
All Family Law, including:
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Custody & Relocation
- Domestic Violence
- Visitation and Parenting Time
- Child Support & Child Support Modification
- Spousal Support/Spousal Maintenance
- Equitable Distribution
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- Grandparent’s Rights
- Prenuptial Agreements & Post Marital Agreements
- New Jersey, 2006
- New York, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2006
- St John’s University, School of Law, J.D. – 2006
- University of Maryland, B.A.
Major: Government and Politics
- University of Maryland, B.S. – 2002
Major: Family Studies
- “Baby Boomers, Social Security and Divorce,” co-authored with Marshall A. Morris, New Jersey Family Lawyer, Vol. 33, No. 5, April, 2013.
- “Top 10 Musts of Family Law Motions”, Dictum, Vol. 3, No. 1, June, 2010.
- “Mommy, Why Do You Have to Work?”, Dictum, Vol. 3, No. 3, Dec., 2010.
- “Editor’s Column, Another Memorable Annual Meeting and Convention”, Dictum, Vol. 37, No. 2, Sept., 2013.
- “Editor’s Column, Attorney Listservs – A Great Resource or an Unforeseen Pitfall?”, Dictum, Vol. 38, No. 1, May, 2014.
- “Black v. Black: Anticipating College Expenses for All Children When Deciding Parents’ Obligations for One Child,” co-authored with Allison Heaney Lamson, Esq., New Jersey Family Lawyer, Vol. 37, No. 6, July 2017.
- 2021, 2020, 2019 NJ Family Magazine “New Jersey’s Best Lawyers For Families”
- 2018 Qualified as a Family Law Mediator
- Rising Star, New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2013
- Rising Star, New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2011
- Rising Star, New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2010
- Recipient of the New Jersey State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division’s “Service to the Bar” Award, 2011
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Executive Committee, 2014
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Young Lawyers Sub-Committee, 2007 – Present
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, 2009 – Present
- New Jersey Family Lawyer, Associate Editor, 2010 – Present
- Morris County Bar Association, Member, 2010 – Present
- Barry I. Croland Family Law Inn of Court, Barrister
- Haber Silver & Simpson, Senior Associate
- Lomurro Davison Eastman & Munoz, P.A., Associate
- Morris County Early Settlement Panel
- District X Fee Arbitration Committee